Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Short story: A not so normal piece of glass

One day, during lunch, I silently stared at the glistening piece of glass on the sky-dome that outshone the brightest, biggest star on dark, cloudy winder days; days that are very, very depressing, and absolutely bitter-sweet, like the incident that occurred when I witnessed a horrific seal slowly crawling towards my feet, trembling with trepidation due to the large hammer in my hands after I had severely beaten it, showing no remorse for my actions. A long time had passed and I still found myself captivated by the piece of glass, deeply thinking about how something this fragile is still able to shine so brightly, because it reminded me of how easily I'm broken by the words society throws my way everyday, turning to drugs to keep my composure, escaping to my own little world.

0 comments

Post a Comment