Friday, April 8, 2011

It's Friday!

Friday! Gotta get down on Friday!
Everybody's looking forward to the weekend.

Everybody except for me that is ... I got a shit load of work to do over the weekend: big presentations for me to work on for Economics class and English class.

Oh well, let me tell you a little about my day or more specifically, what I did in each of my classes.

So this morning, in my Comm. Tech class, my group and I were filming a scene for our video project. We spent the majority of the period (40 minutes est.) filming but then realized that all our footage was useless as we did not have our backpacks on (we are playing the roles of high school students). That time was sure well spent. One of the scenes of our video involved me walking across a street on an intersection, so that's what I did. Unbeknownst to me, my parents were actually driving at that time and were stopped at that intersection. So they saw me cross the street, stand on the other side waiting for the light to change back and then cross the street again back to where I started. When I got home my mother mentioned this to me and asked why I wasn't in school. That was an awkward moment.

At lunch I had 4 slices of pizza. For only 70 cents per slice! It was delicious.

In Math class I spent the majority of the period learning how to play the classic card game Solitaire. This game is pretty much my new obsession. In fact, after I finish this post, I will go play it. My goal is to finish a game of Solitaire in less that 1 minute. That will probably take a bit of work seeing as how my current Solitaire stats are terrible.

My first Solitaire game: 5 minutes with 181 moves made

In English class my teacher made us get into small groups and do a "modern hierarchy" chart in preparation for our Hamlet unit. I pitched in the idea to my group of doing an Animal Kingdom hierarchy. Which is what we did, except instead of using just normal animals, we through in a bunch of fictional/mythological creatures into the mix after I jokingly suggested that "Blue Eyes White Dragon" should be at the very top of the hierarchy. What I didn't know was that the teacher wanted us to present our hierarchy charts to the class. Needless to say, that was a very awkward presentation. The teacher must have thought that my group and I were retarded.

In Economics class I spent the period working on the work that I was supposed to be working on while I was in Math class (I would have played solitaire but my battery died).

2 Comments:

Post a Comment